Hey friends! Happy March Break!
If you log in to Facebook today, your news feed might just look a little like mine – everyone else seems to be arriving in sunny Florida for a week of warmth & relaxation. I admit, I’m a wee bit jealous of them, but it’s not a trip that we can make this year. Maybe sometime in the next few years – who knows?
At any rate, we’re at home for March break and the weather outlook this week isn’t looking too bad – mild and a little wet, just like it should be in March. We’ll spend some time outside together, we’ll go to Disney on Ice, we might even go watch a movie in the theatres (what a treat!) – but we’ll definitely be doing some crafting.
Grand & Toy sent us a March Break survival kit a few days ago and still, as a grown up, fresh construction paper and a box of new markers still excites me. There’s a certain smell that new stationary products have that gives me that excited flutter in my stomach - yes, ok, I am and always have been a nerd. One of the items I’m crazy excited about is the box of Mr Sketch scented markers. When my siblings and I were in early elementary school, we all received our own box of these markers at some point and we used these markers on Welcome Home banners, colouring contests, school projects, and white sweaters (oops). Know what the super fun thing is? I still have 2 of those markers in the kids’ box of colouring supplies. Say I got them when I was 7 years old… that would make these markers TWENTY FIVE YEARS OLD and they still work! That is why, in my books, Mr Sketch markers are and will always be the absolute best markers a parent could buy! Go now and buy likewise.
Anyhow. Do your craft boxes need a little new life? Some new supplies to grab the imagination of the kids during the after school / dinner prep time? You’re in luck – we’ve got a box of goodies from Grand & Toy for YOU! There’s one catch – you’ve gotta get busy on Instagram if you want to win!
Here’s the deal:
- Post a photo of you or your kids doing some March Break crafting (or the result of the crafting!) on Instagram. (Your photo will have to be public for us to see it!)
- Tag the photo using both of these hashtags: #GrandMarchBreak AND #ypmMarchBreak
- The contest will run until midnight on Sunday, March 20. You can post once a day and will receive an entry for every day that you post.
- Follow @jennvb and @GrandandToy for 2 extra entries, and comment on this Instagram post letting us know that you’ve followed!
- Tag your craft-loving friends (or contest loving friends!) on this instagram post – bonus entry for every friend that you tag!
- Open to Canadian residents only.
Win this box of crafty goodies from Grand & Toy – just share a photo of you or your family crafting during #MarchBreak and tag #GrandMarchBreak and #ypmMarchBreak to enter! Post once a day for extra entries, and for 2 bonus entries, follow @jennvb and @grandandtoy and then comment here to let us know you’ve done it! Must be 18+ yrs & a resident of Canada (excluding Quebec, sorry). Contest ends March 20, 2016. This contest is not affiliated with Instagram. #CanWin #giveaway #grandandtoy #springbreak #instacontest #instagiveaway #instagiveaways
Disclaimer: we received the above products to enjoy as a family in exchange for some social media sharing. All thoughts and opinions are our own!
Latest posts by Jenn vanOosten (see all)
- Stand Up for Clean Water! March 22 is World Water Day #FilterForGood - March 22, 2017
- Cheeseburger & Fries Casserole - March 21, 2017
- The Great Spring Clean (aka, getting all the junk out!) #YesItsPineSol - March 20, 2017