I am so bad about drinking water. I go for a few weeks of getting my 8 glasses a day, then I get sick of it and drink next to nothing. By bedtime, it’s possible that I’ve only drank a cup or two of coffee, and the milk with my cereal. Isn’t that horrible?!! Imagine how dehydrated I’m getting. And after a few days of not enough water, I come down with a ridiculous headache. So I need to analyze this problem, and figure out how to fix it!
Why don’t I drink enough?
- I don’t always like the taste
- Cold water is hard on my sensitive teeth
- Being a teacher, it’s tough to schedule enough bathroom breaks
- Sometimes I just don’t think to drink it
How I’m going to solve those problems:
- The taste and cold issues I usually address by drinking from a cup or bottle that has a straw. I find that when I suck on a straw, I don’t notice the taste, and the cold water goes past my teeth without causing sensitivity.
- The teaching issues – I will make sure I drink 2 glasses of water first thing when I get up, by leaving it on my nightstand. I will drink most of the rest of my water towards the end of the school day, and in the evening.
- The last issue, not thinking about it, will be addressed by making my water bottle visible. I plan to take it with me wherever I go.
As I’ve mentioned before, I do best with a challenge, so I’m going to challenge myself to drink my water every day this week.
Anyone else up for a water challenge week? Do you get enough water? Any hints or tips to share? Join us on Facebook as we drink our water together!!