Our family has always loved apple crisp. And my 7-year old often tells me that the one thing that would make it better would be vanilla ice cream on top! Well, isn’t everything better with ice cream on top?!! We don’t often have ice cream in the house, so I thought I’d experiment with a way of getting that vanilla-y, creamy taste right in the apple crisp. And since I’m a #GayLeaMom, what better product to experiment with than Gay Lea Gold Premium Sour Cream! Gay Lea’s Gold Premium Sour Cream is Gay Lea’s thickest, richest sour cream made with 3 simple ingredients. It is perfect for dips, dressings, and baking! It is available in Ontario only, sorry!
With the addition of the sour cream, I also created a crust to make these more of a square or bar instead of just apple crisp. They can be served warm as a dessert, or cold, as squares, and taste just as delicious either way!
- 1.5 c. flour (half white and half whole wheat works well)
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. butter, unsalted
- 3 c. apples, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 c. Gay Lea Gold Sour cream
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/3 c. brown sugar
- 3/4 c. flour
- 3/4 c. oats
- 1/3 c. butter
- 1. In a large bowl, combine crust ingredients, cutting in the butter until it resembles small crumbs. Press into a 9 x 13 dish.
- 2. Combine filling ingredients in bowl, and mix until well-combined. Pour evenly over the crust.
- 3. For topping, mix flour, sugar and oats. Cut in butter and sprinkle evenly over the filling.
- 4. Bake at 350 for about 40 minutes. Serve warm or cold.
And the great people over at Gay Lea has a contest with two awesome giveaways for you. The first one is a KitchenAid Stand mixer, valued at $399! I am in love with my KitchenAid mixer, and I’m sure you would love one too! This giveaway is across several blogs, with one very lucky winner!! The other giveaway is pretty great too! One reader of this blog, You Pinspire Me, will win a year’s worth of Gay Lea products!! Wouldn’t that be great?! You can enter the Gay Lea contest on all the blogs, but may only win on one.
Enter below, then come back to the blog and comment, telling me one thing you would make with your brand new KitchenAid stand mixer!
Click –> Entry< a href=”//giveawaytools2.com/giveaway.php?sk=46906164289″ rel=”nofollow” target=”_BLANK2″>-Form
Open only to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec). You may only win from one #GayLeaMom’s blog. Contest runs from Dec. 1-31. Prizes will arrive within 4-6 weeks.
For more delicious recipes, head to Gay Lea’s website. Also, if you sign up for their newsletter here, you can get all kinds of great recipes delivered to your inbox, including this month’s feature of Sour Cream!
Disclosure: I am part of the Gay Lea Ambassador Campaign with Mom Central Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are always my own.
Latest posts by Marya R (see all)
- Non-toxic All-Purpose Cleaner - December 1, 2017
- EASIEST Oven Fries (and healthy too!) - November 24, 2017
- Top 5 Things to do in New York City (without spending a fortune) - August 28, 2017