We love going away as a family – whether it’s a quick trip to the grandparents’ house, a weekend away, or a week of camping. Unfortunately, though, the majority of the packing falls on my shoulders. I don’t mind it very much, but it is very time-consuming. After a few years of this, mostly out of necessity, we came up with this packing idea that takes less than 10 minutes total- whether it’s for 2 kids or 5 kids!
Here’s what we do:
- Have each child stand by their dresser with a backpack in their hand. Stay with the youngest to help him/her. Make sure everyone can hear you as you call out instructions.
- Call out every clothing item to pack, one by one. “Three pairs of pants. Now, two sweaters.” Don’t move on to the next item until you are sure each child has packed the previous one. If someone can’t find enough socks or their swimsuit, stop and help them.
This way you are certain that everyone has everything they need – enough clothes, swimsuits, or whatever special items they may need – no excuses. And you are done in less than 10 minutes.
In addition to the bonus of quick packing and ensuring everyone has everything, you are also helping your child learn how to pack! Awesome!
Do you have any packing tips to share? I can always use more!
Latest posts by Marya R (see all)
- Strong Female Characters on Netflix #streamteam - March 29, 2017
- Reusable Containers at Bulk Barn – No More Plastic! - March 28, 2017
- The Inspirational Women of Netflix #streamteam - November 25, 2016