- 1lb ground beef
- 1 c. chopped onion
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 c. water
- 1 1/2 c. broken spaghetti
- 1 1/2 tsp each salt and Italian seasoning
- 2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
Combine beef, onion and green pepper in large frying pan. Saute over medium heat until meat is browned. Drain fat.
Add tomatoes & juice, stir in water, spaghetti, salt and seasoning. Bring to a boil Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until pasta is cooked.
Add cheese, stir until melted.
Since we go through a lot of food in our house, I like to double it if I can. I usually keep the same amount of ground beef, then double the spaghetti, tomatoes and water. This ends up being a very affordable dish since I got the tomatoes and noodles for $.88 each, and the doubled recipe makes two meals for us. I’ve also added lentils in the past, which the boys really liked too.
Latest posts by Jenn vanOosten (see all)
- How I Epically Failed the #RenewLife 30 Day Challenge… and Why that Failure is Helping Me Kick Off a Great 2018 - January 8, 2018
- What to Watch on Netflix: Jenn’s Top Picks from 2017 #StreamTeam - January 2, 2018
- I’ll take my Netflix To Go, Please! - December 5, 2017