- 1lb ground beef
- 1 c. chopped onion
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 c. water
- 1 1/2 c. broken spaghetti
- 1 1/2 tsp each salt and Italian seasoning
- 2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
Combine beef, onion and green pepper in large frying pan. Saute over medium heat until meat is browned. Drain fat.
Add tomatoes & juice, stir in water, spaghetti, salt and seasoning. Bring to a boil Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until pasta is cooked.
Add cheese, stir until melted.
Since we go through a lot of food in our house, I like to double it if I can. I usually keep the same amount of ground beef, then double the spaghetti, tomatoes and water. This ends up being a very affordable dish since I got the tomatoes and noodles for $.88 each, and the doubled recipe makes two meals for us. I’ve also added lentils in the past, which the boys really liked too.
Latest posts by Jenn vanOosten (see all)
- Stand Up for Clean Water! March 22 is World Water Day #FilterForGood - March 22, 2017
- Cheeseburger & Fries Casserole - March 21, 2017
- The Great Spring Clean (aka, getting all the junk out!) #YesItsPineSol - March 20, 2017