Looking for a light, spring-like treat to accompany this beautiful weather? These lemon squares are perfect for afternoon tea, a baby shower, or just a special treat. They’re easy to make, too, which is great for baking with kids over Spring Break!
- 1 c. flour
- 1/2 c. margarine or butter, softened
- 1/4 c. icing sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Preaheat oven to 350. Cream margarine, flour and icing sugar.
- Press into 9 inch pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Allow to cool in fridge while preparing the rest of the ingredients.
- Combine remaining ingredients and beat until fluffy.
- Pour over crust.
- Bake for about 25 minutes.
- Cool, and cut into 16 squares.
We’ll be taking these squares as we go visit family this March Break. We’re also planning a trip to the Toronto Zoo and some swimming and skating. Do you have any special family plans coming up?