You may have noticed my trend of healthier living lately. Between increasing my water intake, and drastically increasing my activity level, I’ve been making better lifestyle choices all around. So when I had the chance to come up with a recipe using Nordica Cottage Cheese, I was very excited. I love spinach dips whenever I go to a party, but I know that they aren’t very healthy. So I decided to try to make a healthy spinach dip.
It turns out that making a dip with cottage cheese is so easy, not to mention healthy! Nordica Cottage Cheese is low in fat and has calcium, Vitamin D and protein. It’s also gluten- and nut-free, certified Kosher, and available in Fat Free, 1%, 2%, 4% and Lactose Free.
Healthy Spinach Dip
1 tub (500 g) Nordica Cottage Cheese (I used 1 %)
2 Tbsp Mayonnaise
1 c. frozen spinach, thawed
1/2 a small onion, very finely diced
1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
1. Puree the cottage cheese in a food processor. It will become a thick, creamy consistency.
2. Pour all ingredients in a large bowl. Stir until combined.
That’s it! You’re done!
Serve with tortilla chips, pita chips, crackers, or your favourite veggies.
For more great recipes and products, head to Gay Lea’s website! Such a great resource!
Disclosure: I am part of the Gay Lea Ambassador Campaign with Influence Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are always my own.
Latest posts by Marya R (see all)
- Top 5 Things to do in New York City (without spending a fortune) - August 28, 2017
- DIY Ski Storage for Garage #palletideas - August 22, 2017
- Dude Perfect – Awesome YouTube Content - July 13, 2017