As we come to the end of a very hot summer, we’ve had to find creative ways to stay cool. Between beach trips, visiting friends’ pools, and hanging out at an air-conditioned library, we’ve done not too badly. And one of our favourite cool treats this summer was frozen grapes. Sweet, icy, and healthy. And really, could it get any easier?! They’re perfect for kids to make, since there is no baking involved, and very few steps to make them.
1. Wash the grapes and let them dry well. If you want, you can pick them off the stems, but we took the easy route and left them on.
2. Put them in the freezer for several hours. Again, you could put them on cookie sheets if you’ve picked them off the stems. We just left them on a plate in the bunch.
3. Enjoy a cool summer treat!
There are lots of fun variations you can do with this!
- Coat the frozen grapes in Jell-O mix before freezing for a candy-type treat, as suggested on Pinterest
- Dip them in chocolate and stick a toothpick in them.
- Skewer them on a kebab, along with slices of banana.
- Serve them with a fruit dip for an elegant snack!
The ideas are endless!
Have you tried these? How are you keeping cool this summer?