One of the best parts of summer is the sweet treats – popsicles, freezies, and of course, ice cream! But those delicious treats are often unhealthy, and shouldn’t be eaten on a regular basis. That’s why my family loves our dairy-free, homemade, healthy “ice cream.” One simple ingredient – frozen bananas!! Because it is so simple and healthy, you can feel free to pile on the toppings (the best part, right?!!) and not feel guilty!
Some of the toppings we enjoy are chocolate syrup, sprinkles, candy bits, and of course, Gay Lea Whipped Cream. I love that they have the option to go dairy-free with their Coconut whipped cream. It tastes delicious, and adds another level of flexibility in your dishes for guests with food restrictions, making these “Ice Cream” sundaes completely dairy-free! Gay Lea’s Real Coconut Whipped Cream is made with real REAL coconut cream, and is non-dairy, lactose- and gluten-free!
Ice Cream Instructions:
1. Take about 4 very ripe bananas and chop into small pieces. Arrange on a plate or tray and freeze for a 3-4 hours.
2. Put the bananas into a food processor and pulse and blend until the bananas turn into a wonderfully smooth, creamy soft-serve-type mixture. If you’d like to add some peanut butter, cocoa powder, or some vanilla flavouring, this is the time to do it.
That’s it! That’s all there is to the recipe! If you like the soft-serve texture, serve immediately. If you prefer a firmer, more traditional ice cream texture, freeze for an hour or so.
For more great summer recipes and product information, head to Gay Lea’s website www.gaylea.com .
What else do you add whipped cream to?
Disclosure: I am part of the Gay Lea Ambassador Campaign with Mom Central Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are always my own.
Latest posts by Marya R (see all)
- Easy Pet Fur Cleanup - June 7, 2017
- Strong Female Characters on Netflix #streamteam - March 29, 2017
- Reusable Containers at Bulk Barn – No More Plastic! - March 28, 2017