I’ve done a lot of baking over the years, but I’ve always been intimidated by fancy pastries. I can manage cookies, cakes and pies, but anything beyond that is beyond me! But after an adventure making campfire eclairs with my sister, using just a few ingredients, we thought we should adapt that to an oven recipe.
We also decided to try it with coconut whipped cream, to create dairy free cream puffs. Have you heard of Gay Lea’s Real Coconut Whipped Cream? It’s absolutely delicious!! It is made with real coconut cream, and is non-dairy, and lactose- and gluten-free! Perfect for those with food sensitivities!
- 1 package of refrigerated crescent rolls
- Large Marshmallows
- GayLea Coconut Whipped Cream
- Chocolate Ice Cream Topping (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Separate the crescent rolls into triangles.
- Cut marshmallows in half lengthwise and place 3 halves end to end starting in the middle of the bottom end (wide end) of the triangle.
- Fold the point of the triangle up over the marshmallows.
- Fold the sides across the marshmallows, making sure not to cover the opening at the end of the marshmallows, and place on prepared baking sheet seam side down.
- Repeat with the remaining crescents.
- Bake for 9 minutes.
- Remove from oven when golden brown and scoop away the melted marshmallow with a spoon.
- Allow to cool, then fill the cavity of the crescent roll with coconut whipped cream by inserting the nozzle into the hole.
- Drizzle with chocolate ice cream topping if desired.
- These treats taste best fresh - so be sure to eat them up on the day you make them!
Enjoy your dairy free cream puffs! For more great recipes and information on the products, head to www.GayLea.com!
Disclosure: I am part of the Gay Lea Ambassador Campaign with Mom Central Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are always my own.