I decided last week that crepes were going to feature on our Meatless Monday dinner recipe, but I also needed to work in some protein. I wanted to do a ‘sweet’ (but not much extra sugar, like syrup or brown sugar toppings) pancake, and I still had some Paneer in the fridge from my initial foray into the new-to-me cooking cheese, so I got to thinking… And what I came up with was not only terribly delicious, but also incredibly easy. Honey Cinnamon Paneer Crepes for Meatless Monday. What better way to start out a new week?
The most work-intensive part of this meal, as with most crepe meals, is making the crepes themselves. My sister posted this easiest crepe recipe ever a while back that she picked up while she was living in Paris – seriously – 3 ingredients, 1:1:1. Easy to double, triple, or cut in half! I usually double the recipe, because I loooove having leftover crepes in the fridge for breakfast the next morning. :)
- 1 (375g) package of Paneer (or equiv. homemade)
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 3 very ripe pears, sliced in thin wedges.
- Crumble entire block of paneer, as you would with feta cheese.
- Heat crumbled paneer in small pan over low heat.
- Add honey, cinnamon, & salt. Stir well.
- Heat through, stirring often.
- Spread about 1/4 cup of the paneer mixture down the centre of a crepe, top with 8-10 slices of pear, roll, & serve warm.
- If you don't have paneer on hand, ricotta cheese would be an excellent substitution.
I know that several of regular readers have been contemplating going Meatless on Mondays: have you joined in? If you’re intimidated by it, try starting out by going meatless every other Monday – you just might find that you like it! If you’re looking for more inspiration, try clicking on the “Meatless Monday” menu option under “What’s Cooking” – or, head over to the official Meatless Monday website!
Latest posts by Jenn vanOosten (see all)
- The Aftermath of the Whole30 and the Beginning of Probiotics #RenewLifeCanada - June 30, 2017
- Success! #Whole30 #Day30 - June 12, 2017
- The TRUTH of my Whole30: How do I feel now that I’m almost done? - June 8, 2017