Here’s a fun way to serve soup or stew on a cold winter day! This bread bowl recipe is very simple and such a delicious way to spruce up a meal. It looks very impressive, tastes great, and the best part is that you get to eat the bowl when you are done! The kids love that part (actually, so did I!).
This recipe is done in the breadmaker, though you can also adapt the recipe to make it by hand or in a stand mixer.
- 1 3/4c. water
- 2 Tbsp. yeast
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 1/4 c. honey
- 1/2 T. salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 5 1/4 c. flour (half white and half whole wheat works well)
- Combine all ingredients in bread maker.
- Select the "dough cycle"
- When cycle is done, divide dough into 12 equal pieces. Roll each into a slightly-flattened ball, and place on parchment-lined baking tray.
- Allow to rise in a warm place for about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 16-20 minutes. Brush with a little melted butter near the end.
- Once slightly cooled, cut out top and fill with hot soup.
Latest posts by Marya R (see all)
- Easy Pet Fur Cleanup - June 7, 2017
- Strong Female Characters on Netflix #streamteam - March 29, 2017
- Reusable Containers at Bulk Barn – No More Plastic! - March 28, 2017