Alright, ladies: I have the PERFECT Christmas Baking Treat for you – it’s no bake, no dishes, no prep! Too good to be true? Nope.
Let me introduce you to Girls’ Night Out’s newest flavour, Chocolate Raspberry Truffle. It’s a Christmas treat in a glass. Heading to a dessert potluck? No-problem-o: grab a bottle of Chocolate Raspberry Truffle. Didn’t have time to make dessert before the family came over for dinner? Not a problem! Just uncork* a bottle of Chocolate Raspberry Truffle and serve a liquid dessert! Need a hostess gift? Thank You Teacher gift? CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY TRUFFLE!
I admit – I squealed when I got the email a few weeks ago from the folks over at Girls’ Night Out – first of all, I love their stuff; second, I’ve been eyeing their social media campaigns since I met them at Blissdom Canada last year; third, oh my gosh, their PR sheets on this wine had me drooling the minute I opened them! I was actually headed to my Wine & Cheesy Book Club that evening, so, even though I knew that I was going to be getting my own bottle in the mail later that week for FREE, I stopped at the LCBO to pick up a bottle of Chocolate Raspberry Truffle. While I was at it, I grabbed a block of “extra mature Irish cheddar” – and the two paired sinfully well.
Not surprisingly, the wine was a hit at our book club; it seems to pair well with chick-lit. (Our book of choice last month was The Rosie Project. Funny, witty, and kinda sorta romantic.)
Finally, my wine arrived in the mail – but I was too busy working to contemplate the wine as a blog post! Sacre cour. I mean really, who gets too busy to blog about WINE?! Sinterklaas arrived – the day some of us crazy Dutch do our gifting – and I needed a special drink to serve with our special present-opening supper. Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Wine it was! Except… then THAT bottle was gone, too, so, darn it all, I just HAD to go out and buy a new bottle. For the blog, you see.
It’s a good thing this stuff is sold for a mere $8.95 / bottle.
So. This stuff is amazing. It pairs well with fancy cheese and cheesy books, and it’s also a pretty darn delicious Christmas treat on its own. However, this afternoon I took it upon myself to try making an actual Christmas treat with it – I made Chocolate Raspberry Truffles with Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Wine. How meta is that?
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz bittersweet / dark chocolate
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Wine Beverage (Girls' Night Out Wines)
- Cocoa powder
- 30 mini muffin liners
- Prepare a double broiler on the stove. (In a large pot, bring to a simmer about 2 inches of water. Place on top of the pot a broiler pot or a metal bowl that fits snugly into the pot without the bottom touching the water.)
- Heat the cream and butter together in the top of the double broiler; bring to a simmer, then reduce heat and add in the chocolate.
- Stir with a spoon until mostly melted, then switch to a whisk to get a smooth finish.
- Heat the wine in the microwave for about 25 seconds or until warm to the touch. Whisk into the chocolate.
- Pour into a glass baking dish and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or until the chocolate is quite firm to the touch.
- Set out the individual muffin liners and dish about 3 Tbsp of cocoa powder into a small bowl.
- Wash & dry your hands, then rub them with a generous teaspoon of cocoa powder.
- Use a small spoon to scoop up some chocolate; roll it in your hands to form a small ball, roll it in the bowl with the cocoa powder until coated, and place into a liner.
- Keep refrigerated until serving.
- During a Christmas party, you may want to set out a small selection of these truffles at a time and replenish the plate as needed with fresh-out-of-the-fridge truffles.
- 3 bottles of Girls’ Night Out Chocolate Raspberry Truffle
- Chocolate/Cocktail recipe book
- Gift Card for The Ten Spot
- Softlips Lip Balm
- other fun things from Girls’ Night Out Wines!
How fun is this?! Good luck, everyone!
Disclaimer: While we were given a bottle of Chocolate Raspberry Truffle to sample, we weren’t compensated monetarily for this post. While of my opinions are my own, I’m not giving MY OWN wine away. That’d be ridiculous. Girls’ Night Out Wines is graciously sponsoring this giveaway for our lovely readers.
Latest posts by Jenn vanOosten (see all)
- How I Epically Failed the #RenewLife 30 Day Challenge… and Why that Failure is Helping Me Kick Off a Great 2018 - January 8, 2018
- What to Watch on Netflix: Jenn’s Top Picks from 2017 #StreamTeam - January 2, 2018
- I’ll take my Netflix To Go, Please! - December 5, 2017