Running out of activities for your kids this summer? Need a fun project to work on? Here are 6 awesome tricks your tween can work on this summer. They’re all quick videos, with tricks that can be learned and practiced for a few weeks, with impressive results! Don’t give up right away, if you’re frustrated – keep at it! Challenge your tweens (and YOURSELF) to try one or two of these tricks to master this summer!
1. How to solve a Rubik’s cube. These were a big deal back in the 80s and have been making a comeback in the last few years! You can get the basic 3×3 cube, or try out the simpler 2×2 for a beginner. There are some great tutorials, like this one, explaining how to solve them. Don’t get frustrated – this is a long learning process. Even if you can’t solve the whole thing, learning how to solve just one colour is pretty impressive too.
After doing some practice, check out some of the cool Rubik’s-solving videos out there!
2. How to do a simple front flip on the trampoline. It’s what every kid attempts, but doesn’t always have success with. But being able to do a complete flip safely on a trampoline is a great party trick to show off! If you have already mastered the front flip, look up a back flip or some other trick.
3. How to spin a basketball on your finger. Imagine coming back to school and being able to show this great trick to all your friends! This video makes it pretty simple, but it will take practice to get it right.
4. How to do soccer tricks. These five tricks are pretty basic, but would still take a little time to learn. They are definitely worth the effort, though!
5. How to juggle. You can juggle with almost anything – even rolled-up socks. Take it slow and commit to practicing every day for a while. Before you know it, you’ll be ready for the circus!
6. How to whistle with just your fingers. It takes a lot of practice, so don’t give up. We spent the morning whistling and laughing, and our youngest (6 years) was the first to master it! This is a handy trick to have available – you never know when you’ll need it!
Have you tried any of these? Let us know what you’re going to work on! We loved the whistle and the Rubik’s cube, and are planning to try some juggling.
Latest posts by Marya R (see all)
- Strong Female Characters on Netflix #streamteam - March 29, 2017
- Reusable Containers at Bulk Barn – No More Plastic! - March 28, 2017
- The Inspirational Women of Netflix #streamteam - November 25, 2016